Thursday, June 2, 2011

Getting Ready For the Final Harry Potter

I spent a lazy Memorial Day watching Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part I, and was absolutely in bliss. It was such a beautifully directed film, simultaneously poignant, terrifying and funny, just like the book. As a matter of fact, it followed the book to the letter, and no surprise, J.K. Rowling was one of the producers. I don't think it would be a fascinating film to anyone who hasn't read the book(s). But at this point, if you're going to see part one of the seventh movie in the series without having read the books, well, there's something wrong.

So, yes, I will be one of the nerds lining up to see the last Harry Potter installment and I'm excited about it! But just like I was sorry to read the last page of the last book, I'll be sorry to see the last film.

No comments:

Post a Comment